Last year, we brought you the best Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe that was a huge hit! For this year, we thought we'd do a bit of the work for you and are offering a stuffing kit which includes pre-toasted and pre-cut bread cubes of our Rustic White Bread, as well as a pre-packaged spice mix, ready to go!
Get the recipe below:
- 1 Stuffing Kit (includes toasted and cubed Rustic White Bread, and spice mix)
- 1 1/4 c chicken broth
- 1 c apple cider
- 1/4 c dry white cooking wine
- 12 oz bulk pork sausage (make sure it’s gluten free!)
- 6 Tbs unsalted butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2/3 c minced fresh parsley
- 1 c chestnuts, jarred not sweetened, quartered
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In a small pot, melt 4 Tbs of the butter. Set aside.
- In a separate small pot, combine the chicken broth and apple cider and warm. Set aside.
- Sautée the sausage in a large pan until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sautée the garlic, onions, and celery in 2 Tbs butter until translucent. Deglaze pan with wine and scrape brown bits from the pan.
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients (except for melted butter) until combined, adding the liquids, eggs, and chestnuts last.
- Pour 2 Tbs of melted butter into a 9” x 13” baking dish and coat dish thoroughly with butter. Pour stuffing into the baking dish, gently patting down. Drizzle the remaining 4 Tbs butter on top of the stuffing. Bake in 450ºF oven for 30 minutes, rotating halfway. (You can also stuff turkey with the stuffing, but use 1/2 c less of the broth.)